Thursday, December 29, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
2. Print a personalized Christmas certificate for each volunteer. Come up with a list of characteristics to describe each of your helpers such as, "Most thoughtful, quickest diaper changer, most organized, best hugger, most grandmotherly, calmest rocking chair moves, most soothing singer, craziest, most fun-loving, best hat-wearer, most prayerful, best game leader, fastest runner, best air-guitar player, most artistic, best finger-painter, etc.) Decorate the certificates with Christmas stickers, and have the children's director and pastor sign them. Present each certificate along with a handshake as you read the description for all to hear.
4. Purchase an inexpensive Christmas mug for each volunteer. Use a gold pen or green permanent marker to add the person's name to the mug. Fill it with a tea bag or individual coffee and a few candies.
5. Purchase a large box of inexpensive Christmas glass ball ornaments. Use a gold pen or red and green permanent markers to add the person's name to the ornament along with the word THANKS! You may want to have your church's children's director or pastor sign it. Wrap it in an attractive gift bag and tie it with a festive ribbon.
8. Collect small fabric bags with ribbon drawstrings. Let your students fill each bag with chocolate Hugs™ and Kisses™ and pull the drawstring (or tie the bag with a ribbon). Have the children make small cards that say, "Hugs to you, our wonderful volunteer." Punch a hole in the corner of each card. Help the child tie the card to the ribbon. Present the candy bags to your volunteers with a word of thanks.
9. Ask your church members and parents of your students to donate $5.00 or $5.00 gift cards to your local coffee house, music store, Christian bookstore, or department store. Use the money to buy additional gift cards so you have one for each of your volunteers. Place each gift card in an envelope labeled THANKS. Let your students decorate the envelopes with drawings and stickers of Jesus' birth or nativity scenes.
10. Make traditional Christmas crackers filled with small trinkets. Collect empty toilet tissue rolls and paper towel rolls cut in half. Gather small wrapped candies, Christmas trinkets, small notepads or sticky notes, lip balm, pins, small pens, etc. Cover one end of the cardboard roll with tissue paper and secure it with a rubber band. Let your students make a small card of thanks for each of your volunteers. Fill the tube halfway with the items you have collected. Cover the entire tube with tissue paper that's longer than the tube. Twist the ends and tape them shut or use twist ties on each end. Tape a card to each Christmas cracker and give them to your volunteers with a Christmas greeting.
However you choose to thank them, Christmas is a wonderful time show your appreciation and to thank God for blessing you with your volunteers!
Monday, December 5, 2011
The Church Family Christmas Celebration is a complete program book with CD-ROM to help you easily plan and organize a complete Christmas outreach to your church and community. The easy-to-use instruction guide tells you all you need to know—whether you've been planning church events for 25 years or this is your first time! Includes worship ideas, an instant Christmas pageant, promotion and programming ideas, printable family devotions, recipes for refreshments, craft instruction sheets, CD-ROM, and lots more:
- Step-by-step instructions for planning and set-up
- Reproducible instruction sheets and patterns
- Christ-centered crafts
- Worship service guides
- Quick and easy decorations and centerpieces
- Nativity Pageant scripts
- Missions project ideas
- Printable family Christmas devotions
- CD-ROM included!
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Visit ChristianEdWarehouse.com for 99¢ specials on last year's VBS materials plus curriculum, music, and books. You can save up to 80% on worship bulletins, music CDs, resource books, and lots more! These items are going fast, and many are limited in quantity.
Sale items are offered on a first-come, first served basis. So hurry on in to our warehouse and get some great deals. This is an awesome way to stock your resource room before the new year at incredible prices.
Please note: These items are offered on a final sale basis, no returns, credit card only. Expedited and Priority shipping are not available.
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Shares the message of God's love with all ages
- Provides witnessing resources to help kids share their faith with others
- Teaches the ABCs of Becoming a Christian to grade-school kids
- Serve based on your gifts and interests
- Scheduling option to meet your church's needs
- Easy-to-implement lesson plans
- Ready-to-use decorations and crafts
- Sound, relevant Bible teaching
- Classes & age-appropriate activities for all stages of life
- Encourages real-life application; you'll see results
- Creates a themed learning environment
- Provides energetic site rotations
- Reinforces biblical content with hands-on activities
- Scripture-based music and videos
The Sampler (Starter) Kit includes one Leader and Learner Guide for each age group from babies through preteens. Plus, it's packed with planning resources, promotional helps, music, and more to help you successfully plan your VBS.
Monday, November 7, 2011
Club VBS: SpaceQuest™ can be used with any Bible translation and is ideal for traditional week-long Vacation Bible School, spring or fall break events, day camps, mission trips, and any mid-week programs. As kids orbit to new heights, they will explore the mission Jesus has for them in John 14:6.
The Starter Kit contains one Leader and Learner Guide for ages babies through grade six. Order other curriculum and supplies for each class separately.
Space Quest™ is available through Lifeway. Visit Shop VBS to view the VBS programs we offer, with lots of details details, and order your starter kits.
ID #: WW7190105 or ISBN L10339457X
- Two-hour schedule for five days, or one-hour schedule for ten days
- Traditional week-long summer Vacation Bible School
- Bible Study
- Bible Study Site
- Snacks Space Station
- Recreation Space Station
- Crafts Space Station
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
The mouth-watering smell of cotton candy. The electrifying sound of thrill rides. The mesmerizing sight of animal shows. Adventure at every turn!
It’s excitement galore as we head to Answers in Genesis’s IncrediWorld Amazement Park. So strap yourself in and get ready for the ride of your life!
Monday is Creation Day. They go “back to the beginning” and learn all about how God created our incredible world in six actual days. They realize that God crafted this world for His glory and to provide a place for us to live and enjoy. And you know how our kids hear time and again that over millions of years, one kind of animal has changed into another kind? At IncrediWorld, they find out that God created all plants and animals “after their kind” and that those molecules-to-man evolutionary stories are simply not true! They hear that they can trust the Bible when it says, “In the beginning, God created...”!
On Day 2, kids learn the importance of using the Bible to help us understand the world around us. They'll find out what a "worldview" is and how we need to always, always use the Bible to help us learn what is true. They'll learn to put on their "Bible glasses" so they can know right from wrong!
Day 3 at IncrediWorld is Gospel Day. Your kids will take a thrill ride through the Bible as the begin with the bad news of Genesis 3 (we're all sinners in need of a Savior) and end with the good news of the New Testament-that Jesus came to die on the cross in our place and make a way for us to spend eternity in heaven with the Creator! They'll be challenged to think about how their "ride" will end and will learn how they can receive the gift of eternal life so that they can go to heaven!
Day 4 is Design Day. They'll explore God's incredible world of wonders and learn how He amazingly designed the animals. As they look for the evidence of God's handiwork, they'll be encouraged to praise the Creator for His wonderful works. They'll learn that "it couldn't just happen-God made them that way!"
For many, Day 5 will be the most exciting day of all! It's Dinosaur Day! Dinosaurs are some of God's most amazing and BIG creatures! And kids love 'em! They'll learn all about how God created dinosaurs in the beginning and why they're not around any more. Any mystery surrounding those monstrous beasts will be cleared up in a snap! The Bible gives us the truth about dinosaurs!
IncrediWorld Amazement Park VBS Super Starter Kit
Monday, October 24, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
The Babylon Ultimate Starter Kit comes complete with step-by-step instructions for planning your event, recruiting and equipping volunteers, setting a daily program schedule, and turning your church into a Bible-times adventure.
Babylon VBS Ultimate Starter Kit: $112.50 (Reg. Price $124.99)
Take a look at the Babylon VBS course overview below. Check back for VBS updates each week. Visit Shop VBS to see all of the 2012 VBS programs and descriptions.
Bible Point: When you need help, God is with you.
Key Verse: "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
Bible Point: When you're afraid, God is with you.
Key Verse: "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God." (Isaiah 41:10)
Bible Point: When you're lonely, God is with you.
Key Verse: "I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
Bible Point: When you're thankful, God is with you.
Key Verse: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." (1 Chronicles 16:34)
Monday, October 3, 2011
- No matter who you are...
- No matter how you feel...
- No matter what people do...
- No matter what happens...
- No matter where you are...
Sky VBS Ultimate Starter Kit comes complete with step-by-step instructions for planning your event, recruiting and equipping volunteers, setting a daily program schedule, and turning your church into an awesome, high-flying adventure.
Bible Point: No matter who you are…trust God!
Bible Verse: "People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 7)
Bible Story: A Roman officer has faith in Jesus. (Matthew 8:5-13)
Bible Point: No matter how you feel…trust God!
Bible Verse: "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God..." (John 14:1)
Bible Story: Jesus brings Lazarus back to life.
Bible Point: No matter what people do…trust God!
Bible Verse: "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles." (Isaiah 40:31).
Bible Story: Jesus is arrested and put on trial. (Matthew 26:36-27:31)
Bible Point: No matter what happens…trust God!
Bible Verse: "And I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love." (Romans 8:38)
Bible Story: Jesus dies and comes back to life.
Bible Point: No matter where you are…trust God!
Bible Verse: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
Bible Story: Jesus makes a beachside breakfast for his friends. (John 21:1-14)
Monday, September 26, 2011
SonRise Super Starter Kit ($300 value): $199.99
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
- Use a deck of children's playing cards such as GO FISH or OLD MAID. Hand out a card to each student and have them pair up with the person who has a matching card.
- Cut several cereal box fronts into four or five large puzzle pieces. Hand one piece to each child. The children with the interlocking pieces are on the same team. Have a race to see which team can complete its puzzle first.
- Group students according to birth months. If you have a smaller group of students, have January through June form one team and July through December form the other.
- Ask students to hold one hand behind their backs with 1-4 fingers pointing out. Group students in odd or even groups or group by numbers if you need four groups.
- Line up students alphabetically and split the line into equal groups. Vary lining up by first, last, and middle names.
- Give each child a piece of hard candy (red, purples, yellow, green, etc.) to eat. Have the children stick out their tongues to form groups of similar colors.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Let your students make a story wheel to help them remember the story of the Prodigal Son from Day 4 of Inside Out and Upside Down on Main Street VBS. Bring a dinner-size paper plate and a paper fastener for each child and copy the pattern page below. Provide scissors, crayons or markers, and glue. Talk about the story of the Prodigal Son to help the children review the story events.
Have the children cut out the word strips, the arrow and the story circle. Let them glue the story circle in the middle of the paper plate and glue the corresponding word strip next to each picture. Let older children help younger ones read the word strips and match them to the pictures. Punch a hole in the arrow as indicated. Poke a hole in the middle of the paper plate. Help each child add the arrow to the plate with the paper fastener.
Talk about the events in the Bible story as the children move their arrows to the appropriate picture. Then say the memory verse together a few times.
Click on the image below to download the craft pattern for just $3.99. Then make as many copies as you need for your students.