New for 2011, Gold Rush VBS: Discovering the Rock of Ages from Answers in Genesis uses Bible verses from the New King James Version. Gold Rush VBS helps kids learn the answer to the most important question Jesus asks: “Who do you say that I am?”
Grab your bandana, dust off your boots, and get ready to mine for true gold. We’re headed to the Old West in Gold Rush: Discovering the Rock of Ages.
Our children must decide among many “gods” every day. In media, in school, and in books, they’re taught that all roads lead to heaven. They’re told to “believe what you want and it will be true for you.” These dangerous lies are drawing our kids away from the truth—that Jesus, the Rock of Ages, is the way, the truth, and the life! Salvation is found in Jesus alone!
With Gold Rush VBS, kids will be saturated with the truth as they discover the biblical responses to questions such as:
- Is Jesus the only way to heaven? This lesson expands on Jesus' claim, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Older children will be taught to refute the idea that all roads lead to heaven, and various other religions are discussed briefly in relation to Jesus' exclusive claim.
- Who did Jesus say He is? This topic teaches kids some of Jesus' amazing claims and that He is superior to all others (all other people/religious leaders, etc.) -- He never sinned, He is God, He forgives sins, He is the Creator.
- What was unique about Jesus’s birth, life, death, and resurrection? These lessons focus on teaching kids the prophecies Jesus fulfilled with his birth, life, and death. They showcase that He is the Messiah promised hundreds of years before He came. The lessons also sample some of His amazing teachings in contrast to what the world teaches: love your enemies, serve God/not money, children are precious, look out for others (not yourself). Children will discuss His radical power that demonstrated He is God: He has power over sickness/disease, power over nature, power to forgive sins, power over death.
- What is salvation, and how can I be saved? Gold Rush begins with the Genesis account of Adam's fall into sin, explains what sin is (disobedience to God's commands), that we're all sinners, and all need salvation from sin's punishment -- eternal separation from God in hell. The lessons share God's provisions of salvation through Jesus and teaches kids to answer such questions as: did Jesus really die on the cross, or did He just faint? Did the disciples steal Jesus' body from the tomb? Did anyone see Jesus after He rose from the dead? He is the only one who has ever died and now lives!
- How can I share the good news of Jesus’ life changing power? This lesson focuses on providing examples of those whose lives have been radically changed by Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit—specific examples include the disciples (former cowards, they become bold preachers of the gospel to the point that they're willing to sacrifice their lives for Christ); George Mueller; Gladys Aylward. Kids are challenged to share the life-changing power of Jesus with others.
Filled with the rich content you’ve come to love from Answers in Genesis, Gold Rush VBS provides lots of fun and games—still your kids will beg for more! From daily games to snacks to crafts to Bible time, all parts of this VBS work together to teach your children about Jesus, the one and only Rock of Ages!
Each day, children will see more of the truth about who Jesus is—our Creator and Redeemer. They’ll hear the Gospel and will be challenged to follow Jesus. Gather your gear and join us for unforgettable discoveries!
Gold Rush VBS Starter Kit: $99.99
Gold Rush KJV Supplement: $19.99
(The supplement works with both the Super Starter and Starter Kits.)
Super Starter Kits are available with your choice of contemporary or traditional music recordings.
Check back for VBS updates each week. Visit Shop VBS to see all of the 2011 VBS programs and special offers.